test

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A movement is started...



On July 31st, I took my sign and my fake moustache to the Ranger game. I know in my heart of hearts that if Ramon Vazquez would just set his vanity aside and grow his stache back out, the Rangers would be unstoppable. But would other Ranger fans agree? I was pleasantly surprised with the overwhelmingly positive response. The jumbotron guy seemed to approve - he could hardly keep his camera off of me. The powers that be at the Ballpark made me a finalist in the "best sign" contest. Josh and Tom gave me some props on the TV broadcast. It was a pretty sweet sign, so I can't say I was totally shocked with all of the attention that came my way. However, nothing could prepare me for the supernatural power of the Stache that became evident during the 8th inning. The Rangers were being shutout by a hapless Seattle team late in the game. As Ramon worked through his at-bat, Tom and Josh gave a brief history of the legend of the stache...then they showed me, my stache and my sign (see pic)...then not 5 seconds later....homerun! The timing was just too remarkable to ignore. Join me, Ranger fans...let your voices be heard...Bring Back the Stache!!!

No comments: